It is no wonder there are so many moms who work online. The Internet offers the perfect platform for women who need a flexible work schedule and unlimited profit potential. The 24-hour convenience of the web lets working mothers stay at home with their children and still earn some extra cash.
The main reason many work from home moms are so successful with online businesses is because they take time to network with other busy moms. There is a multitude of online resources for women to socialize and learn about online business. The web is rich with ideas, tools, classes and information to help mothers make more money from home.
Learn the Ropes
The endless opportunities for work at home moms (WAHMs) can make it hard to know exactly where and how to start. Fortunately, there are millions of working moms who have been there and done that, and many of them will happily share their best secrets for online success.
Some websites where moms can get a heads up on making money online:
- WorkingMother.com provides practical and current information for women who work from home. You’ll find time-saving ideas, no-nonsense business strategies, and ideal ways to relax and reduce stress. The pages of WorkingMother.com can help you take better control of your business and family life for more happiness and success.
- VPMom.com is specifically designed to show moms how to be successful online. The site contains startup information for beginners and experienced business owners. Browse the pages of VPMom.com to find practical business advice, online marketing strategies and financial guidance.
- MOMeo Magazine is a free web resource for moms who work online. MOMeo gets right to the point with practical features like a crash course in small business for moms and a weekly live Twitter Q and A session.
The Social Scene for WAHMs
Loneliness can be a great burden for many stay at home moms. Working online provides little chance to converse with adults outside your local neighborhood. The web, however, has lots of platforms for work at home moms to meet and swap stories. You can find groups of women who are focused on parenting issues, as well as those interested in small business and online commerce.
Check out these social sites for working moms:
- Cafemom is an invaluable website for moms who work from home. It offers lots of opportunities for women to socialize with like-minded mothers, including a group of more than 80,000 WAHMs. Sign up for a free membership and get access to thousands of parenting ideas and tips to save time and money.
- Linked In is the best known business social network on the planet. Although LinkedIn is not strictly for women, it is easy to connect with several sub-groups of working moms. Link your professional business profile with other online “mompreneurs” and learn about small business success from the pros.
- Mom Bloggers is a mom’s social club with lots of timely advice for those who work from home. The dynamic social platform lets you discover, share and learn from more than 16,000 experienced Mom Bloggers.
Business burnout is perhaps the most common problem for working moms. The freedom of working at any hour can quickly lose its luster if your time is not properly managed. Mixing business and family can eventually cause confusion, anxiety and exhaustion.
Successful working moms know how to set parameters for family and business functions and leave room for some down time too. You can start streamlining the way you work and play with web organizers and online collaboration software. Here are some handy business tools to help anyone manage a busy life.
- MyLifeOrganized is a personal software organizer that allows convenient time management anywhere. It has downloadable versions for PC, iPhone, IPad, Blackberry, Android and more.
- DabDab is a robust calendar and task manager that keeps projects safely online and in the cloud. Its ultra-secure data storage gives you complete privacy and total control over collaboration and file sharing with other DabDab users. You can organize, plan and prioritize important events with ease.
- Google Apps for Business puts a wealth of professional time management tools at your fingertips. For just $5 a month or less you can have access to numerous apps for planning and organizing a stay at home business.
Mothers who work from home hold a special place in the world of online enterprise, and they don’t have time for foolishness or old-fashioned notions. WAHMs will find more success with all the great resources available online. In fact, digital convenience, automation and software tools are the exact reasons why so many work from home moms are successful with online businesses.