Online tutoring has become one of the largest growing segments of Internet home based businesses. This may be a result of the increased use of the Internet for information, or it may be due to the ability to reach people from around the world and share in their expertise. Either way, online tutoring can be a very lucrative home based business.
I Am Not A Teacher – How Can I Tutor?
Tutoring is no longer about providing help for grade school math or college biology, it is about sharing your knowledge on any given subject. Mentoring is another word that can be used for tutoring, because many people simply need guidance more than learning.
If you have the ability to teach, to provide moral support, to guide and encourage, you have the ability to become an online tutor.
What Do I Need To Get Started?
The following list of items should help you start your new online tutoring career:
- Personal website that provides a detailed description of your services and experience.
- Skype conferencing abilities. Many people desire to talk “face to face” instead of just through email.
- Business cards. You should advertise your services offline as well as online.
- Reference materials that may be necessary for your position.
- Word processing, spread sheet and presentation software.
- Computer with high speed Internet access
- Home office with a comfortable chair.
The great news is that most of the items that are on this list are most likely already in your home.
Where Do I Find Tutoring Jobs?
As an online tutor, you will need to market yourself and services continually to build a customer base. You can do this through the following means:
- Join online forums that are relevant to your subject matter. By becoming actively involved in these discussion groups you are gaining knowledge, networking, and meeting potential clients.
- Create and promote a blog about your subject. Blogging is a terrific way to get the word out about your services as well as sharing your knowledge. Blogs can easily be monetized with relevant advertising, providing you with an additional source of income.
- Advertise your services in all of the free classified ads online. You will see an incredible response from this type of advertising.
- Network-network-network. Use every opportunity to get the word out about your service.
- Write informative articles about your expertise. These articles will direct people back to your personal website for additional information.
- Connect with universities, schools and other learning institutes and submit a resume and a link to your site.
- Pass out business cards locally. You never know where your clients may live.
- Get involved in local community events. This is a great way to meet your neighbors and spread the word about your home based business.
What Can I Charge For My Services?
There are no right answers about what you can charge for your services. It will take research on your part, and it will take trial and error. If you offer a very specialized tutoring program you will be able to charge more than others. Academic and non-academic tutors generally make about the same per session. You will need to research what other tutors in your field and in your area are charging. Compare the syllabus that they are offering according to your services, and you will have to set your hourly or session rate off of these findings.
|Confessions Of A High Paid Tutor! – Tutoring System Showing You How To Make $40 – $50 An Hour As A Tutor working from home. Click Here!|
Students that receive individualized tutoring for any subject will eventually excel at that subject. This is a proven fact, and one of the reasons that even exceptional students will seek out tutors so that they can continue to have the edge on their studies. However, it is all too often […]
The Internet has created the perfect opportunity for people to share their skills and knowledge. People from every walk of life, from any place in the world, can connect on the Internet. Online tutoring has created a way for people to share their skills in all aspects of education and […]
Online tutoring has quickly become one of the hottest trends in the work-at-home industry. The ability of student’s from all backgrounds and age groups to receive personalized tutoring via the Internet is attractive to both student and parent. Older students prefer the anonymity of using an online tutor, while the […]
A good entrepreneur is able to see demand anywhere and figure out ways to exploit it. People who find themselves in different kinds of situations, scenarios and locations lend themselves to having different demands, and it’s your job to capitalize on them. Due to the current situation with the public […]